Here you will find a selection from recent posts on our website; the most recent ones are listed first. All posts here will have first appeared as ‘Latest posts’ on our home page and will move to here as later posts replace them. If you are unable to find a post you need then look for it under Features, Reviews, News or In the media (where the most recent posts are listed first), or under author name in References by author, A-Z, or use our Search function.
Reading on a Rainy Day, 1811 (Wikimedia Commons/McGill Library/George Mills)
- Douglas Morrissey on Ned Kelly movies (9 July 2018).
- Peter Whiteford in Inside Story on recent evidence about Australia’s growing inequality (9 July 2018).
- Andrew Richardson reviews Peter FitzSimons and Stephen Dando-Collins on the Battle of Hamel – and finds both of them wanting (4 July 2018).
- Charles Bean to be remembered in name of ACT electorate – though how this came about is still a little murky (4 July 2018).
- Frank Bongiorno briefly surveys the history of name-calling in Australian politics (29 June 2018)
- Derek Abbott reviews Ian W. Shaw’s book on the Melbourne ‘brownout murders’ of 1942 (26 June 2018).
- Alison Broinowski in Independent Australia on national security legislation, 2018 (20 June 2018).
- David Stephens contrasts the Armistice Centenary Grants Program with a petition against arms manufacturers donating to the Australian War Memorial (20 June 2018).
- Lyndall Ryan reviews The Sydney Wars: Conflict in the Early Colony, 1788-1817 by Stephen Gapps (19 June 2018).
- Bruce Buchan on Inside Story on a British Library show on Captain Cook (14 June 2018).
- Mark McKenna reviews Griffith Review 60: First Things First (12 June 2018).
- Douglas Hynd reviews The Bible in Australia: A Cultural History by Meredith Lake (12 June 2018).
- Seumas Spark reviews Odyssey of the Unknown Anzac by David Higgins (12 June 2018).