Here you will find a selection from recent posts on our website; the most recent ones are listed first. All posts here will have first appeared as ‘Latest posts’ on our home page and will move to here as later posts replace them. If you are unable to find a post you need then look for it under Features, Reviews, News or In the media (where the most recent posts are listed first), or under author name in References by author, A-Z, or use our Search function.
Reading on a Rainy Day, 1811 (Wikimedia Commons/McGill Library/George Mills
- Recent posts related to the Heritage Guardians campaign against the $498m extensions to the Australian War Memorial can be found in our campaign diary
- Phil Cashen on the White Australia policy in Gippsland during World War I (7 August 2020).
- Alison Broinowski reviews Bernard Collaery’s Oil under Troubled Water: Australia’s Timor Sea Intrigue (4 August 2020).
- Kristen Alexander reviews The Last Navigator by Paul Goodwin with Gordon Goodwin (29 July 2020).
- Does defence spending lead to wars – and does it make any sense against pandemics? (2 July 2020).
- Stuart Rollo in Overland on how the military-industrial-commemorative complex is militarising Australia (22 June 2020).
- White Australians and Pakeha fight against Maori in nineteenth century New Zealand, writes Ingeborg van Teeseling (16 June 2020).
- Looking beyond the ABC’s Operation Buffalo: some Maralinga resources (15 June 2020).
- Thalia Anthony and Stephen Gray in The Conversation on the history of slavery in Australia (12 June 2020).
- Alison Broinowski reviews Peter Edwards’ biography of Justice Robert Hope, reviewer of intelligence services (12 June 2020).