Here you will find a selection from recent posts on our website; the most recent ones are listed first. All posts here will have first appeared as ‘Latest posts’ on our home page and will move to here as later posts replace them. If you are unable to find a post you need then look for it under Features, Reviews, News or In the media (where the most recent posts are listed first), or under author name in References by author, A-Z, or use our Search function.
Reading on a Rainy Day, 1811 (Wikimedia Commons/McGill Library/George Mills)
- ‘An essential and well-timed volume on the development of northern Australia’: Rolf Gerritsen reviews Lyndon Megarrity’s Northern Dreams (3 September 2018).
- Review note by Vance Gainsborough on Steve Sailah’s novel, Killing Kitchener: ‘a nicely paced yarn’ (1 September 2018).
- John Myrtle reviews Rick Searle’s biography of Charles Ulm, Australian aviation industry pioneer (20 August 2018).
- Mark Alfano in The Conversation on similarities in commemorative practices between Islamic State and Australia (20 August 2018).
- Michael Bachelard in Fairfax quotes Honest History’s Peter Stanley and Frank Bongiorno critical of the strange intervention of War Memorial Director Nelson in the Ben Roberts-Smith VC episode (18 August 2018).
- Chris Roberts and Peter Stanley try to restore balance to our view of Sir John Monash (15 August 2018).
- Alison Broinowski on some recent research and speculation on 9/11 (13 August 2018).
- Lisa Barritt-Eyles in Australian Outlook on remembering the Gulf War (8 August 2018).