Here you will find a selection from recent posts on our website; the most recent ones are listed first. All posts here will have first appeared as ‘Latest posts’ on our home page and will move to here as later posts replace them. If you are unable to find a post you need then look for it under Features, Reviews, News or In the media (where the most recent posts are listed first), or under author name in References by author, A-Z, or use our Search function.
Reading on a Rainy Day, 1811 (Wikimedia Commons/McGill Library/George Mills
- Recent posts related to the Heritage Guardians campaign against the $498m extensions to the Australian War Memorial can be found in our campaign diary
- Paul Daley on the weapons maker seducing an Australian children’s charity (4 December 2020).
- John Myrtle reviews Kieran Finnane’s Peace Crimes, about Pine Gap protests (26 November 2020).
- Sue Wareham on how Australia goes to war far too easily (15 November 2020). More on related subjects linked from here.
- Paul Daley (Guardian Australia) anticipates the exposure of war crimes (13 November 2020). More on this subject linked from here.
- Mark Kenny’s Henry Parkes Oration on Federation, Covid-19 and reconciliation (19 October 2020).
- Michelle Fahy in Pearls and Irritations on conflicts of interest in defence industry lobbying (14 October 2020).
- Stephen Holt reviews Dunera Lives: Profiles, edited by Ken Inglis et al, the second Dunera volume (30 September 2020).
- The Australian War Memorial’s selective view of the long war in Afghanistan: articles from William De Maria and Jack Waterford (21 September 2020).