Here you will find a selection from recent posts on our website; the most recent ones are listed first. All posts here will have first appeared as ‘Latest posts’ on our home page and will move to here as later posts replace them. If you are unable to find a post you need then look for it under Features, Reviews, News or In the media (where the most recent posts are listed first), or under author name in References by author, A-Z, or use our Search function.
Reading on a Rainy Day, 1811 (Wikimedia Commons/McGill Library/George Mills
- Recent posts related to the Heritage Guardians campaign against the $498m extensions to the Australian War Memorial can be found in our campaign diary
- Stephen Holt reviews Dunera Lives: Profiles, edited by Ken Inglis et al, the second Dunera volume (30 September 2020).
- The Australian War Memorial’s selective view of the long war in Afghanistan: articles from William De Maria and Jack Waterford (21 September 2020).
- Review note from David Stephens of Ted Egan’s The Anzacs: 100 Years On in Story and Song (18 September 2020).
- William De Maria in Michael West Media asks whether the Australian War Memorial is keeper of the flame or hider of the shame (17 September 2020).
- John Myrtle reviews Mark Dapin’s Public Enemies: Russell “Mad Dog” Cox, Ray Denning and the Golden Age of Armed Robbery (11 September 2020).
- Frank Bongiorno in The Conversation on law-abiding Victorians in the time of Covid (10 September 2020).
- Sue Wareham on how we are inappropriately militarising public functions (7 September 2020).
- Noel Turnbull contrasts the current government’s largesse towards the Australian War Memorial with its failings in policy areas of real benefit to former service people (29 August 2020).
- John Menadue, Bruce Haigh and others on militarism in Australia (29 August 2020).
- Performing Anzac: David Stephens on Brendan Nelson and emotive commemoration (27 August 2020).