Here you will find a selection from recent posts on our website; the most recent ones are listed first. All posts here will have first appeared as ‘Latest posts’ on our home page and will move to here as later posts replace them. If you are unable to find a post you need then look for it under Features, Reviews, News or In the media (where the most recent posts are listed first), or under author name in References by author, A-Z, or use our Search function.
Reading on a Rainy Day, 1811 (Wikimedia Commons/McGill Library/George Mills)
- David Stephens on the 73rd anniversary of the firebombing of Tokyo, 9-10 March 1945 (8 March 2018).
- David Stephens’ review note of Michael Pembroke’s excellent book on Korea, past and present (6 March 2018).
- Richard Robison on Independent Australia on the implications of the recent treatment of journalist Emma Alberici (2 March 2018).
- Maria Taflaga in Inside Story on the possible demise of mass politics (1 March 2018).
- Derek Abbott reviews Griffith Review 59: Commonwealth Now (28 February 2018).
- Henry Reynolds in Pearls and Irritations on the Australian-American alliance (27 February 2018).
- Report of a survey from 2017 of Australians’ perceptions of what events are historically significant (26 February 2018).
- Norman Abjorensen in Inside Story on the history of relations within the Coalition (25 February 2018).
- John Moses’ reminiscences and thoughts about historiography, German and Australian (25 February 2018).
- Patricia Clarke on Joe Alexander, early Canberra journalist and notable (23 February 2018).
- Alchohol, temperance and attitudes to the Great War in 1917 Gippsland (21 February 2018).
- Bombing of Darwin is the tourism golden goose for the Northern Territory (19 February 2018).
- Following the fuss over the article by Emma Alberici on corporate tax, David Stephens asks whether our corporate tax system reflects our egalitarian ethos (18 February 2018).