Here you will find a selection from recent posts on our website; the most recent ones are listed first. All posts here will have first appeared as ‘Latest posts’ on our home page and will move to here as later posts replace them. If you are unable to find a post you need then look for it under Features, Reviews, News or In the media (where the most recent posts are listed first), or under author name in References by author, A-Z, or use our Search function.
Reading on a Rainy Day, 1811 (Wikimedia Commons/McGill Library/George Mills
- Recent posts related to the Heritage Guardians campaign against the $498m extensions to the Australian War Memorial can be found in our campaign diary.
- Some resources on bushfires in Australian history (9 January 2020).
- Story about Mark Dapin’s ABC radio series, Myths of War (15 December 2019).
- Lest We Forget? This book has some stuff worth remembering; David Stephens reviews Lewis Hyde’s A Primer for Forgetting (11 December 2019).
- Terry Fewtrell on how the War Memorial needs a new Act that allows it to depict the Frontier Wars (5 December 2019).
- From the Honest History vault: Anachronism in Canberra as Department of Veterans’ Affairs survives machinery of government changes (5 December 2019).
- Support grows for Royal Commission into veterans’ suicide: we know where the money could come from (4 December 2019).
- Senator Steele-John on arms company donations to the War Memorial (2 December 2019).
- Stephen Clarke reviews Martyn Brown’s book on the politics of forgetting after Greece, Britain and New Zealand fought in Crete 1941 (30 November 2019).
- From the Honest History vault: Lest We Forget Dr Chau Chak Wing, the War Memorial’s Chinese-Australian connection (27 November 2019).
- Alison Broinowski reviews a new book by Tony Kevin on recent Russian history (21 November 2019).
- Norman Abjorensen has a go at ranking our prime ministers (19 November 2019).
- Innovation and equality – and policies to deliver them both: new book from Joshua Gans and Andrew Leigh MP (19 November 2019).