Here you will find a selection from recent posts on our website; the most recent ones are listed first. All posts here will have first appeared as ‘Latest posts’ on our home page and will move to here as later posts replace them. If you are unable to find a post you need then look for it under Features, Reviews, News or In the media (where the most recent posts are listed first), or under author name in References by author, A-Z, or use our Search function.
Reading on a Rainy Day, 1811 (Wikimedia Commons/McGill Library/George Mills
- Recent posts related to the Heritage Guardians campaign against the $498m extensions to the Australian War Memorial can be found in our campaign diary.
- Margaret O’Connor writes about the old song, ‘The Mountains of Mourne’ (9 September 2019).
- Richard Broinowski reviews Tom Gilling’s Project Rainfall: The Secret History of Pine Gap (9 September 2019).
- Paul Daley on demeaning our history at the Australian War Memorial (5 September 2019).
- Alison Broinowski reviews Brian Toohey’s Secret: The Making of Australia’s Security State (3 September 2019)
- Paul Daley in ArtsHub on who should lead the Australian War Memorial (2 September 2019).
- Ernst Willheim on Witness K and Bernard Collaery (30 August 2019).
- John Quiggin in Guardian Australia on wealth inequality in Australia (28 August 2019).
- John McLeod reviews Jared Davidson’s Dead Letters, on censorship in World War I New Zealand (14 August 2019).
- Derek Abbott reviews Geoffrey Blainey’s memoir, Before I Forget, a narrative of emergence as man and historian (9 August 2019).
- Tony Abbott has form on commemoration but is the wrong choice for the War Memorial Council: David Stephens writes (7 August 2019).