As in recent months, we have been pushing quite a lot of material through the site, both commissioned work and links to other sources. Under our Top recent posts thumbnail you can find, for example,
- commissioned reviews of books on the Sandakan camp and death march and on the conscription conflict in Australia during the Great War;
- links to reports on Indigenous disadvantage, Australian social cohesion, and military suicide;
- a piece about Anzackery in the Northern Territory;
- lots of material on the implications of Trump;
- a great Jonathan Green article from 2014 on why we try to define ourselves by our wars;
- some musings on democracy and politics;
- lots more.
As always, we pay tribute to the quality of material in Guardian Australia, Inside Story, Pearls and Irritations, The Conversation, and our other main sources.
13 December 2016